Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Completely Irrelevant

Ever heard of Goose Mother rhymes? I heard these years ago, and they seem to have lodged in my mind. If they have a written source, I don't know it: they were recited to me by someone who had them memorized from some uncertain source. (Not to worry: I would never share these with the tots in my care.) Georgie Porgie, puddin'and pie Kissed the girls and made them cry. When the boys came out to play He kissed them too. He's funny that way. Little Miss Muffet sat on a tuffet Eating her curds and whey. Along came a spider, and sat down beside her, So she beat the crap out of it with her spoon. Hickory, Dickory dock. The mouse ran up the clock. The clock struck one, And the rest escaped with minor injuries. Jack and Jill went up the hill. They each had a buck and a quarter. Jill came down with two and a half: Do you think they went for water? Little Boy Blue, come blow your horn. The sheep's in the meadow, the cow's in the corn. Where is the boy who looks after the sheep? He's under the haystack with Little Bo Peep. There are more, but this will suffice...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Ron said...

Mary had a brand new bike
she rode it back to front
every time the wheel turned round
the spoke shot up her... front.

A bit bad perhaps, but made me laugh when I first heard it :-)

5/19/2005 03:29:00 a.m.  
Blogger Mary P. said...

That's a new one on me, and very, ah, delicately expressed. Now I'm considering who I might recite it to: I'll have to save it for people who can handle the c-word...

5/19/2005 07:02:00 a.m.  
Blogger erinberry said...

Haha!!

5/21/2005 11:02:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home